Just plain sick of it…..songs and artists that need to be taken off the radio NOW
Disclaimer: A lot of these bands or songs are great, and in fact, some of my favorites. But in a lot of cases, these songs have been killed to death, and in some cases, shouldn’t have made it past 1996. Let’s begin.
1. The Cranberries- I mean really? 104.1 continues to play them like they were awesome to begin with….please.
2. Smashing Pumpkins- 1979- I probably hear this song once a day. It was cool when it came out, cool when you saw the video, and maybe cool 5 years later as a flashback. BUT EVERYDAY?
3. The Foo Fighters- Everlong- Awesome band, huge influence, great sound. But enough with this song, please.
4. Nirvana- I hear a Nirvana song every time I turn the radio on. And that’s a lot. Trust me, I’m a HUGE fan. They are monumental in so many ways, but ENOUGH! Let Kurt’s soul rest and stop playing them all the time.
5. Pearl Jam- this is a real tough one, because Pearl Jam is one of my favorite bands of all time. But if I hear “Jeremy” one more time, maybe I will shoot someone.
6. Dave Matthews Band- I love DMB, I do, they are funky and unique. But stop.
7. Soundgarden- Black Hole Sun- this is probably my number one, biggest annoyance. First of all, this song isn’t THAT GREAT. The video was cooler. They have such cooler songs that could be played, but enough with this one.
Feel free to add your comments or additions on facebook[singlepic id=186 w=320 h=240 float=]