My secret weapon…coconut oil
I couldn’t have made it through this tour without my coconut oil, it’s my secret weapon. In fact, I don’t think I can make it through life without it! I’m not going to get into the endless health benefits of this amazing super food, but I will tell you what I use it for;
1. Cooking- an islandy and delicious taste! Plus it has a higher smoke point and the nutrients won’t get destroyed when cooking at higher heats (olive oil for example should not be cooked past 350)
2. In My Coffee- this is a healthier and tastier alternative to conventional milk. It may seem weird at first adding “oil” to your coffee, but it’s actually quite delicious and brings out the flavors of the beans.
3. Mouthwash/Oil-pulling- C.O. is one of the most anti-bacterial/anti-viral natural substances on the planet. It’s an awesome natural alternative to mouthwash if you don’t want to deal with all the chemicals and nasty stuff they usually put in there.
4. Tea- just take a spoonful of it, throw in some cinnamon and ginger and pour boiling water over it. It’s delicious and very cleansing!
5. Treating sun burns and dry skin- again, I’m all about limiting exposure to hazardous chemicals to the skin and you can bet your behind average formulas have parabens and nasty chemicals up in there. The oil is soothing and will help repair the damaged skin cells.
6. Treat for the dogs- my dogs love coconut oil, in fact, they know what I’m talking about when I say “let’s get some coconut oil” This will help your pets coat and also protect their hearts, not a bad combination.
7. Brushing my teeth- this goes back to the cleansing and anti-bacterial element. The natural substances in the coconut oil will help remove unwanted nasty gunk from your gums, teeth, and tongue. Just make sure you don’t accidentally swallow it (that’d be gross)
I suggest you go to your local grocery store and pick up some coconut oil right away. I use Carrington Farms because it’s organic, unrefined, and extra virgin. This means it has no processing done to it so it’s in it’s most raw and natural state. P.S. Costco sells a giant tub of it from $15…you won’t find a deal this good anywhere!