What Keeps Me Inspired
What Keeps Me Inspired…in and out of the gym.
With 2014 coming around the corner, I like to ponder about the things that inspire me in and out of the gym.
1. Looking Good– what the hell is wrong with wanting to look good? When I look in the mirror or flex a muscle and notice new changes, this is an extremely rewarding feeling. Nobody handed this to me. I didn’t buy it somewhere. It’s all hard work and dedication. I never grew up ripped or muscular and every bit of muscle and definition on my body I earned from an extremely tough work ethic and educating myself. Though I don’t prance around in tank tops flexing my muscles in the mirror at the gym, there is nothing more gratifying than looking fine.
2. Feeling Great- I started my own business 2 months ago, and a large reason I was able to do that is because I feel healthy almost all the time. I may not be the smartest cookie, but when I set my mind to something I do it. I don’t waste time. I don’t procrastinate. If I didn’t feel physically and emotionally stable enough, I couldn’t do anything. Some people can run on empty, I can’t.
3. Helping Others- I’m a Jew, and one of the biggest things you learn from day one is to do perform Mitzvah’s, or acts of loving kindness. I always inherently did these things, I think I’m a nice person. BUT, as I’ve grown more spiritual over the years, I’ve discovered something deeper that resonates within my soul when I help other people. Plain and simple it just feels so good to give. You get what you give, there is no doubt about it.
4. Growth and education– I try and learn something new every day. Whether it’s related to health and nutrition, business, or random facts about life, it doesn’t matter because you can learn something from everyone. Now that I’m running this new business, I’m reading new books and I find myself thinking about things in a way that I don’t usually do. It’s extremely exciting and inspiring.
5. Stress Relief- going to the gym is never a chore for me. It’s the opposite. I can let out my frustrations and just focus on lifting the iron. Nothing else gets in my way and I’m in complete control.
6. People around me- I surround myself with positive people, and the result is more positivity. Ryan from Enfuse Fitness, my parents, Ben Jon, Jonathan Schultz, and all of my friends. The opposite is true; if you hang around negative people, their energy will rub off on you. This is toxic and needs to be removed at all costs!